[TCML] DIY dent-proof Toroids

Those who had enough of dent-sensitive toroids made from aluminium ducting,
might appreciate this diy alternative. I've succesfully used this method to
create
2 robust toroids (26"and 32")  from scratch, each on a 35 Euro / 45 USD
budget.

Phil Tuck has been so kind to publish this method on his website, thanks
for doing so Phil:
http://www.hvtesla.com/toroid-2.html

--

When I was making this toroid I decided to perform an experiment
with an uncovered centre plate and a non-conductive gap in the

How this gapped toroid behaves can be viewed here:
http://youtu.be/sm87H8al0U0

I conclude that a non-conductive gap in a toroid's circumference should NOT
be used.
It creates sharp 'edges' on the toroid, which behave the same as break out
points.
This influences performance negatively in a larger order of magnitude than
the gain,
as described in the hypotheses, would be.

Feel free to agree or to disagree.

Regards,
Mark