[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] Disc Dia. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Disc Dia.

Just a thought, but if I was machining my disc again, I would cut concentric
grooves into the disc between the flying electrodes and the main shaft on
both sides. This acts in a similar manner to a corrugated high voltage
insulator to prevent surface tracking flashovers.
Flashovers have happened to me with a high power coil possibly aggravated by
the layer of whitish oxides that cover everything after use.
Probably not relevant for a 15/60 NST though.

Peter
tesladownunder.com