[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] Unusual dielectric media [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Unusual dielectric media

> This may sound crazy, but but isn't corn syrup nothing more than a
> near saturated AQUEOUS solution of glucose sugar? Unless the "aqueous"
> is highly deionized water, I couldn't imagine corn syrup being any
> kind of a suitable dielectric medium, at least not for high voltage!

     Not that far from me is a station that chops 100A/1000000V DC
     back to 60 Hz for use.  Some may power this message.

     They don't use sugar water to cool/insulate the chopper
     stacks.  Nor any sort of oil.  What is used is organic,
     recyclable, 100% pure(ok 99.999%) .....bzzzzzt......

     If no one else posts it, I'll do so.

     best
      dwp