[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] Re. Rotor material [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Re. Rotor material

Have you considered using a metal rotor, with plastic insulating hub? I
have done this on my last several coils, including a propeller style spark
gap. These designs can remove all high rotational forces from the plastic,
while still using their high dielectric strength. If you are using a metal
disk and really don't want surface tracking from the stationary electrodes
to the rotor, use a thin plastic cover sheet, held down by the flying
electrode mounts. Or you can make what I call a rotary static gap, where
you just spin a solid metal disk as the center electrode in a three
electrode static gap.

- Jason