From: Tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:26/11/2013  9:40 AM  (GMT+10:00)
Subject: Re: [TCML] DC Coil progress. and housing MOT's

Hi Greg et al

Re the use of wood in the oil baths

I assume you put ALL MOT's in oil (even the one with ground connected inner
secondary) for heat removal as well as improved secondary to core
insulation.

I'd consider very carefully the use of wood in the containers as over time I
suspect it will degrade the performance of the insulating oil as impurities
in the wood leech into the oil. May be better to select an appropriate
plastic or other inactive insulating material. Good luck with phasing this
array up.

Rgds
Ted in NZ