Re: [TCML] Re: Coil Died

Are we really considering this? It's a stupid AC transformer!!! How many folks who really work with AC transformers need to degauss them???

On Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:50 PM, Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was wondering when someone would "comment".

On Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:18 PM, Henry Hallam <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 7:48 AM, David Thomson
<tcbuilder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tim,
>
> The transformers may only seem dead.  If they didn't smoke, they probably
> did not burn a winding.  It may be that there is residual magnetism forming
> a loop in the core, which would interfere with the mutual inductance.  Let
> the transformers sit for a long period of time (at least a year) before
> trying them again. You might also experiment with strong neodymium magnets
> placed in different arrangements to try to release the magnetic loop.  I'm
> not sure if it is possible to release a magnetic loop, though.

Tim (and others),

The above is complete nonsense and should be disregarded.