Re: [TCML] 6KVA first light

Hi John,

Sorry for the late reply. I just found a heap of TCML posts in my junk
folder!

If you want ground strikes, the answer is simple. Lower the coil :)

Seriously though, that double spark gap concept is brilliant. Have you
actually tried it? Yes, please do send the spreadsheet. My email address is
greg.j.peters(at)gmail(dot)(com).

I'm assuming you just offset the charging elecrodes by 50%? I'm thinking
that it might be possible to retrofit my RSG with another set of stationary
electrodes.

The idea of a small charging inductor is very appealing. Since I will be
running 24kV in the tank circuit, the charging inductor was going to be one
of the larger challenges of the coil construction.

A very interesting idea. I am keen to chat more with you about this off
list (to spare the sanity of other members) if you are willing.

Cheers,

Greg.