Hopefully there's some use to my mentioning that experience for you.

Cheers,
Joe

On 9/10/2013 5:30 AM, Yurtle Turtle wrote:
Question for the list experts. If one were to employ a DC rsg motor with full wave rectification, are filter caps needed? Is the ripple any worse than pulsed AC from an inverter or pulsed DC from a cheap SCR speed controller?

________________________________
  From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Treadmill Motor Question
Adam,
Yes, that's what I am doing with my current ARSG in my big Green Monster coil. It's a sweet treadmill motor that I got off
eBay several years ago that was easy to mount and to mount a G-10 rotor to and it required no external fan blades to keep
it cool. I'm using a small variac and a FWB rectifier (and a 3900 uFd, 400 VDC rated 'lytic for some filtering) to run the mo-
tor. I ended up getting a local machine shop to drill the holes in the G-10 rotor for me. That's what I would do with any future
RSG mounting project as well. There's just no way that I could get it smoothly balanced and get all of the holes drilled true
with my facilities.
David