Re: [TCML] Dielectric oil

A quick Google search revealed lots of places to buy, but only if you are
interested in 55 gallons or more.  If I may, what is your purpose for this
oil?  The same google search revealed the MSDS, which nicely tell us the
composition (mineral oil, and less than 3% dimethyl sulfoxide solvent) so
whatever your application is, probably regular unscented mineral oil will
do nicely (I used to get it by the gallon from feed stores, if memory
serves it was like $12).  You could also by some DMSO if it is that big of
a deal, but I suspect that it is merely a surfactant in that blend and is
only in there to increase the wetting power of the oil to seep into
windings (whereas we the casual experimenter can just wait a few days for
the air bubbles to escape, or use a vibrator of some type.)  Anyway
hopefully this is helpful, and hopefully it makes it through...

Scott Bogard.