[TCML] Magnetic flux

Greetings to the List after a long hiatus for misc. reasons (death of wife, new ladyfriend, making art, old age). I find this definition of magnetic flux on-line: "Magnetic flux is the product of the average magnetic field times the perpendicular area that it penetrates. It is a quantity of convenience in the statement of Faraday's Law and in the discussion of objects like transformers and solenoids. In the case of an electric generator where the magnetic field penetrates a rotating coil, the area used in defining the flux is the projection of the coil area onto the plane perpendicular to the magnetic field." So while currently attempting a resuscitation (yet again) of my 1-&-only coil, it occurs to me to ask (perhaps already answered here) whether confining the secondary's magnetic flux, within the secondary and annularly to a volume closest to the wire, would have any beneficial effect. Anyone know?

One might be able to so confine the flux by arraying a stack of conductive disks centrally within the secondary, but spaced and electrically isolated one from the other. Eddy currents in the disks would deflect the flux into the annular volume nearest to the wire.

Since I don't regularly, for now, inspect the List all the time, anyone responding to this might kindly copy to me at kchdlh---at---sonic--dot--net using the customary format, of course.

Ken Herrick