[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Tesla coil threat to pacemakers [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Tesla coil threat to pacemakers

Please define 15kv/m ?

On 4/20/2014 10:22 PM, Carl wrote:
15 V/m and 3 V/m are tiny electric fields. Walk outside and you are in about 100 V/m due to the charge on the ionosphere. Are you sure you haven't dropped a k? Even 15 kV/m at that distance seems low.

---Carl

-----Original Message----- From: Adam Munich
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2014 6:17 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Tesla coil threat to pacemakers

Bturner,

For what it's worth, I have measured e-field strengths of up to 15V/m
about 2 meters from my DRSSTC. I would advise caution.

Regards,
-Adam

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Jim <electrical@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I worry about my classic coil all of the time. A friend recommends putting
the static spark gap only in a faraday cage (like metal screening). He
believes the spark gap is the only culprit.