[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Thyratron Switched Tesla Coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Thyratron Switched Tesla Coil

Dear Bert,
I quickly skimmed through your reply and I see I may have misunderstood the
way a thyratron operates. All this stuff I devilishly complicated.

I just managed to make my first tesla coil today after wanting to do so for
years.

It put out 1 inch arcs... thats from a unregulated ac mot power supply.

I have the safety side covered but feel im out of my depth. These things
are complicated as hell. It makes me wonder how anybody gets them to work.

One has to be a fabricator, technician and engineer.

And they operate so strangly lighting up florescent bulbs and sparking into
the air.

Any how I am now humbled by it all and might go do something simpler that I
can manage...

Thanks guys for all the advice. Hopefully I can figure this out over the
next millenia.

There was one redeeming aspect, I tricked my wife into thinking I was a
conjurer when I made a light bulb light up wirelessly! Made me feel
supernatural for a moment.

Cheers!
-Wil

Ps David I will see if I can chase that tesla coil you mentioned down.