[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Bar and Chain Oil Dielectric [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Bar and Chain Oil Dielectric

All,

The real deal insulating oil is always the best bet and a lot of us used to use is Shell Diala AX. One of the reasons folks are now having a hard time finding it it because it has been discontinued and replaced with a "better" and less expensive oil:

SHELL DIALA OIL S2 ZX A

This insulating oil is available in most communities just find the Shell Jobber or wholesale lubricant distributor in your area and see if they have it in 5-gal pails. If you are in a small town you might even be able to get a few gallons from the local electrical utility personnel.

This oil has also been used in lapidary operations as well as a substitute for cutting oil.

Regards,
BrianB