[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Neon Sign Transformers-Recommendations. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Neon Sign Transformers-Recommendations.

While no one can argue with "bigger is better", I take exception with the
suggestion that the NST needs to be at lest 7kV.  I have had very
satisfying results using a fist-size core and coil 4kV/20mA NST.  See
http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/minicoil.htm

And along the lines of bigger, the best results I've had with the 4/20 were
with a 4.25" x 10" secondary and a 3.5" x 11" topload (not yet documented
on my site).  Conventional thinking would have far smaller features - don't
be afraid to be big!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA