Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] was RE: How I modified the 3 phase for dual wye 5KV 2xI;** Now charging inductors.

Jim et al,
Here in the UK two of us are also on the verge of winding a large reactor
for a DC coil (>10kw), so this thread has extra interest to us.
Have you seen Teslabor's reactor at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXT-Vgey1do&list=UUm1yOqvHPOtyktC9lpS3Ffw I have contacted him for some details on this, but it looks a nice build, with
separate bobbins as Bert suggests and air cooled.
An advantage with the separate bobbin in air approach would be that you
could wind extra spare bobbins, so if a fault condition did occur it would
be a simple matter to change one out, especially handy if it occurred at a
Teslathon.
Air cooling, although easier, means strict adherence to the current rating
of the wire being used of course.

Regards
Phil Tuck

www.hvtesla.com