[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] was RE: How I modified the 3 phase for dual wye 5KV 2xI; ** Now charging inductors. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] was RE: How I modified the 3 phase for dual wye 5KV 2xI; ** Now charging inductors.

Hi Stefan,

My newest gap is 5/8" G10/fr4 (15.875mm) and was designed to run a Pig coil,
not knowing the outcome of the resonance charging project. I do have a 1/2"
(12.7) G10 that is set up for 12 electrodes (with a larger diameter also
good) which could be repurposed to 6. Max size of W would be 3/8" (9.25) as
made. And yes, the conservation of energy on .5" (12.7) tungsten spun up is
a bit disconcerting! Our craft is dangerous. I have always paid attention to
potential electrical shock hazards. And respect the energy of spinning
Tungsten. That did not preclude potential energy converted to kinetic energy
of mass and having my 200LB (90.7 kg) transformer from falling on my leg and
breaking it ;-^) F=MA I wonder if that is in the safety chapter on
Pupman.com - stupidity on my part.

My gap is more patterned after Bill Wysock's classic design. It is not hard
to find 14400V and up transformers in the US; but, the Burnett site has
intrigued me. (credit is stated from work mostly of Bert Hickman and Greg
Leyh) and Burnett's own experience in the field of power electronics.

It sounds as you are making real progress. The RPM counter is cool!

Did you make or have made your former on the resonance transformer? I have a
core similar to that. Actually, mine would be a three phase with the center
core removed. It has already been de-interlaced.

I do like the simplicity of rectified Ac and a variac powering a DC motor.
PWM controls torque and speed better though, but is again subject to hash
and transients. I think the AC motor is more suited to synchronous AC
operation or high speed operation.

I look forward to your thread on the rotary and I would like to know more
about your inductor!

Jim Mora