From: Tesla [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Phil
Sent: 19 August 2014 22:21
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [TCML] How I modified the 3 phase for dual wye 5KV 2xI

(I've jumped around a bit too different emails here, hope you can follow)

Bert's figures in this vary from what Richie's figures give. Now I know that
assumes the calculator faithfully reproduces Richie's formulas, but I'm
certain after a lot of testing it does, so who's right, Richie or Burt?
I realise the smoothing cap will vary with 3 phase AC admittedly, but after
it's rectified it's all DC regardless, so the inductor and tank cap I would
consider to be the same as for our single phase AC input.
The winding method Bert describes is fine if each layer has a large voltage
differential. One end of each layer only ever having double the layer
voltage differential, instead of four times the level, but as Bert says with
the 'pie' shape arrangement Stefan has used, the layer differential is going
to be pretty low anyway. It really all depends on room available; as you
would need two layers of inter layer insulation to do it that way.   (This
probably won't come out right on the witchcraft machine you use.)

8kv  1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1   10kv
	........................<- insulation paper (dots)
        |______________

	........................<- insulation paper
6kv  1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1   8kv
     |__________________

4kv  1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1   6kv
     |_________________

2kv  1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1   4k
      |________________

0kv  1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1   2kv

If room allowed I will wind that way as after running through it my head I
#now# realise it may actually be a bit easier to do. (hard to explain in an
email)

Yes I prefer 300 bps as a max as well.

Stefan has built large coils see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abr3rxYUH5o&list=UUm1yOqvHPOtyktC9lpS3Ffw

If you want to see the sicko side of gun worship, look at some of the Yank
gun videos!!
Found this site near me:  http://www.transformers.uk.com/

Phil.