[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Oscilliscope for DRSSTC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Oscilliscope for DRSSTC

I enjoy my Rigol scope and it has been very good to me :) On the other hand, you could probably get a good deal on a mid-grade used tek scope if you shop around with a little patience.

Matt

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

begin manufactured right now. If you're looking for a new oscilloscope, I
would highly recommend the Rigol DS1000Z series, which has a much faster
waveform update rate, bigger screen, and overall much better user
interface. Furthermore, it can be upgraded with a built-in waveform
generator option, and is priced much lower than anything comparable from
Agilent or Tektronix. The DS1000Z series is nothing like the old Rigol
scopes with overclocked ADCs, tiny screens, and Chinese junk grade quality
of construction. That being said, I would still be very wary of purchasing
from any other current Chinese manufacturer.

-- Kramnik