[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] overheating diode strings [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] overheating diode strings

Hello Everyone,
I constructed eight strings of 50, 1000V, 10 A diodes. I assembled and tested four strings without equalizing capacitors and resistors and four strings with equalizing capacitors and resistors.The diodes came off eBay from a company in China. All diodes checked OK on my diode tester. These strings were then soldered into two full wave bridge rectifiers powered by a variac. My scope shows a 60Hz output on both which should be 120 hz output. The negative output string that connects to the wiper of the variac becomes too hot too touch at less than 5 volts output on both units. One of these when working properly will be supplied by an 8 Mot stack.
All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jim