[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] figure current draw on transformer [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] figure current draw on transformer

No, not at all so simple, unless the nst is powering a simple resistive
load.  But when it's powering a capacitive load, particularly a LTR
capacitive load, things change dramatically. My unmodified 15/60 routinely
pulls over 20A from the wall, this WITH PFC caps.  I believe the operation
of the shunts ceases when ferroresonant behavior begins.  This is a Good
Thing, and another reason to use LTR caps.

To the original question - use an analog meter.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA