[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Full Power Testing of DC Resonant Charging System [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Full Power Testing of DC Resonant Charging System

Hello dear friends of the good old Spark gap TC,

last week I performed the first full power tests of my resonant charging setup. It performs exactly as predicted, running smooth and stable with an excellent power delivery.

With 2 different primary capacitances, 50 and 90nF I can run it on 2 power levels: 7kW and 9kW mode. In 7kW configuration, maximum BPS is 400 and in 9kW mode maximum BPS is 300. The power is fired into a 15kW halogen dummy load (30 bulbs each 500W), which is replaced later by a tesla primary of course.
Here are two videos, where I'm beating the hell out of it:

running at 7kW,also showing details of setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oa1DYh3kio

running at 9kW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GHl2L7xl2I

PS: Jim Mora was also constructing a DC System with his cool 3-phase Raytheon Power supply - Jim, did you make any progress?

Regards and merry christmas,
Stefan