[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Secondary coil polyurethane coat problems. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Secondary coil polyurethane coat problems.

Kuba,

Although the bumps might be unsightly, I'd just leave them. They wouldn't affect the proper operation of the coil at all.

I don't know if you use a motorized lathe to wind the coil, but other builders have left their coils turning slowly on the lathe for a day or more to prevent unevenness of the final finish.

If you use steel wool, you will leave little conductive fibers embedded in the finish that will tend to short out your secondary.

If you use sand paper, you run the risk of exposing the bare copper.

If you want beautiful, you probably will have to start over again.

Dave