[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] If I parallel my secondary coil, do I need something between my first and second coil? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] If I parallel my secondary coil, do I need something between my first and second coil?

Hi Caleb,

I assume you are referring to tying the bottom of your secondary RF ground connection to the innermost turn of the primary coil. As I stated in my previous posting, many will tell you not to do that but to leave the primary coil "floating". However, from my personal experience, it's worked better for me to tie the base of the primary and secondary coils together to RF ground. I also tried "floating" the primary coil with no connection to the secondary base and RF ground and I immediately started getting annoying HV flashovers between electrical components inside my control panel once the coil started firing! Once the primary base was reattached to RF ground with the secondary base, this problem completely disappeared. Like I said before, that's my personal experience and you may or may not share this experience in your setup, but it should provide a little "food for thought" for you ;-)

David Rieben

Sent from my iPhone