[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] corona, St Elmo, Tesla coils [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] corona, St Elmo, Tesla coils

Hi Jim,

I successfully used AC fields to generate a dry corona discharge.
http://www.tesla-coil-builder.com/FlatSpiralSolenoidCombo.htm

The coil in the above link used AC electricity but produced a natural 50%
square-like wave with pulses due to the coil configurations. It built up a
tremendous E-field considering its scale. The tall solenoid used in this
coil developed into a very strong electrophorus after its first run.

I think part of the success of this coil was due to the structure of the
room. The room was lined with space blankets, which have an aluminum
coating. I believe it reflected electrostatic waves back to the coil and
built up electric field resonance in the space around the coil. I could
easily feel the E field at four feet from this relatively small coil.

The same thing could happen at sea where the sea water becomes a fine spray
and hangs about in the air. The fine salt spray would provide a medium for
electric field resonance.

This is also an experiment that can be performed in a lab using fans and a
mister spraying an electrolyte fluid.

I think Tesla coilers could expand to a whole new level by controlling the
E field environment in addition to the coil, itself.

Dave