[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Topload imperfections [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Topload imperfections

Hi Derek and all,

Antonio's field modeling program is Inca, and is available on his web site (along with many other very useful programs):
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/programs/

An explanation that covers how Inca can be used for electrostatic field modeling can be found here:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/capcalc.pdf

Inca can be used to model many e-field problems that come up in Tesla Coiling, including multi-ring toroids. Ring toroids take advantage of multi-conductor E-field "smoothing" - the surface E-field for a set of rings (or wire bundles in electrical power transmission) much lower than for an isolated ring. The presence of nearby elements significantly lowers the surface E-field, making it "look" like the E-field from a larger diameter object. A discussion about using Inca and a useful spreadsheet for modeling ring toroids can be found in the List archives in the thread "Thumpers Toroid - general ring-toroid modeling":
http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2010/Jul/msg00005.html

Bert

Derek, Extreme Electronics wrote:
Phil

    Yes,  That was the one I was thinking of, a quick scan of his site
and I haven't found anything though.

     Any clues anyone?

     Derek