[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Message 2: New list software, wrap message [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Message 2: New list software, wrap message

Received

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 11:44 pm
Subject: [TCML] Message 2: New list software, wrap message

this one is wrapped.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 21:41:51
From: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Message 1: New list software, from munge

Greetings all,

I got the latest version of the list software installed.  There are a few
options for combatting the issue with the rejection of messages from aol and
yahoo users.

The main options are to change the From: header for people with domains that
are restrictive.  My understanding (without having experimented yet) is that
you'll see messages from aol and yahoo people showing up as being from
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx and messages from other subscribers as themselves.

The other option is to wrap the message so they are like one message digests.
I'll send this same message twice, once with the from munging option and second
with the wrapping.

Feel free to cast your vote.

Chip