[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] protecting IGBT [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] protecting IGBT

Carlos
Last time I build a brick OLTC, I had (at least) 4 x 1.2Kw 400v Transorb
TVS in series parallel across D &S and a fast diode into a bundle of
0.47uF caps (I think I nicked this idea from Steve Connor, but I can't
find a reference to it on his site.)

    It is well worth a look at http://scopeboy.com/tesla/t4proposal.html
as his OLTC was one of the biggest ever built (at the time) and very
well documented.

Or take a look at my smaller brick OLTC
http://www.extremeelectronics.co.uk/coils/oltc-2 and diagram at
http://www.extremeelectronics.co.uk/coils/oltc-2/oltc2diag.jpg