[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] sanity check - any problems with this design? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] sanity check - any problems with this design?

Before taking the plunge I'd like to pass my plan past the experts to
see if anything is outright crazy. Here's my recipe:

this transformer:
http://www.torontosurplus.com/catalog/product/view/id/6659/

70 capacitors, 2kv 150nf, 5 strings of 14 = 53.57nf

an asynchronous rotating spark gap with 1/4" tungsten points
driven by a variable frequency drive

the rest of the data can be found here:
http://www.h2g.ca/teslaScreenshot.png

Will I need some protection chokes for the potential transformer? Or is
it so tough that it won't notice a thing?

Any kind (or unkind) help will be greatly appreciated!