[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] HELP please! [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] HELP please!

Dave,

I would also place suitably rated, beefy MOVs across the input and output leads of the bridge, and possibly across each individual leg of the bridge. Rearranging the wiring have caused the system to pick up RF in a new way that is blowing the bridge.

I'd also place suitably rated 0.1 uF ceramic disc caps across each leg of the bridge to bypass stray RF. Electrolytic caps are too slow to protect against RF at TC frequencies.

You might try it without the line filter in the output of the bridge. The LC combination in the filter may be causing resonant rise that is toasting the bridge. Sometimes, filters cause more trouble than they fix.

(Another) Dave