[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Capacitors [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Capacitors

Jim is correct; more information about that can be found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_mean_square

It's kind of like the average value of a function, but squared like
variance, such that you don't end up with a situation where your "rms
average" is meaningless. (ie standard function for "average value" of a 50%
square wave would be zero!).

Regards,
-Adam

My DRSSTC has 5 such capacitors in series, and 28 such series strings in
parallel. This works out to be 0.8uF at 10kV or so.

--
Adam Munich
Student Director, RIT Makerspace. http://hack.rit.edu

This message is composed of 100% recycled energy states.