[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Sputtering Gap [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Sputtering Gap

Ouch, Tim!

Did I read your post right? You ran your SRSG hot with no secondary coil in place? That's akin to smashing your accelerator to the floor with the transmission in neutral! Without the secondary in place, you should have a "dummy" load in place. I have heard of other coilers using one of those 500 watt quartz bulbs in place of the primary coil for this purpose. I fear you may have damaged either your primary capacitor(s) or the transformer from the symptoms that you site. I would start with the transformer, since NSTs are inherently a bit fragile. I am sure that others would have more experience and be more qualified to comment than myself on this matter, but that's my initial take on it.

David Rieben

Sent from my iPhone