Von: "Tim Flood" <tfloodrr@xxxxxxxxx>
An: "tesla@xxxxxxxxxx" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: [TCML] Sputtering Gap
Datum: Mi., Mär. 26, 2014 21:25

Could really use some help.

Just completed a new 15/60 NST powered coil with a SRSG. With the tank
circuit completely wired and the secondary removed I thought why not check
the operation of the rotary gap. The first time I powered up it ran fine,
firing smoothly up to the max variac setting.

Subsequent power-ups resulted in the gap sounding like gun fire. The safety
gap on the SRSG is firing, the arcs at gap alignment vary in intensity and
there are smaller arcs running around the conductor ring on the disc.

The rotor is 5" diameter with four 1/8" carbide electrodes turning at 1800
RPM.. There are two stationary electrodes on the front side. Electrode
spacing is .030" per gap.

Thank you,

Tim Flood