From: Kuba Anglin <kubaanglin@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Mar 28, 2014 7:11 am
Subject: Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil Wiring

Here is a better diagram of the MMC http://postimg.org/image/vptl7mjox/

My only question is concerning the position of the spark gap. In most
diagrams of Tesla coils, both outputs of the transformer connect without
any interruption but the cap MMC and the primary coil. The spark gap only
seems to be fired when the circuit cannot hold any more energy. This just
looks a little problematic to me as both ends of the transformer are
connected without the spark gap blocking the connection, but just waiting
for a surge of energy to shoot across the gap.  From looking at other
diagrams online, the drawing in the first email should be correct, but I am
just not 100% sure.