[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Sputtering Gap [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Sputtering Gap

There is a good chance, the transformer is not damaged, checking the transformer should be no problem. But you will have to build a completely new MMC (replace ALL caps).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Flood" <tfloodrr@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Sputtering Gap

I had some extra time last night so I went ahead and assembled my new TC.
You guys were right. As I increased the voltage the rotary gap begin firing
and sputtering. Increasing the voltage further finally resulted in a thin
white spark arcing from the toroid to a ground object. This lasted for a
few seconds then the whole system died. It got really quiet really quick.

Based on previous posts, would you recommend just going ahead and replacing
both the MMC's and the NST or is there another approach?

Thank you for any help.

Tim Flood