[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Finished: New 600bps Rotary, Power Controller + Variac for DC resonant charging TC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Finished: New 600bps Rotary, Power Controller + Variac for DC resonant charging TC

> However, if an electrode breaks off the disc, it will fly away like a bullet,
> possibly causing serious injury. I would suggest that you enclose your rotary
> gap in a strong wood frame around the rotating part.  I would use 2 x 6 or 2 x
> 8 boards in a square around the rotor.  The rest of the system may remain open
> for cooling.

Isn't that the part that makes the really hot sparks?  While I agree some
sort of blast shield around your rotary spark gap is an excellent idea, I'm
thinking wood is probably not the best choice of material for that.

perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'