[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Induction Coils for sale [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Induction Coils for sale

While trying to put away some gear, I realized I had a dozen or so induction
coils in the closet. Time to thin the herd!

#1 Electro Technics Products induction coil circa 1960s (?). Wood cased coil
with vibrating interrupter, works well on 6-12 volts DC. Battery leads by
the interrupter, HV terminals on top. Clean, blonde wood case, 7.5 x 4.75 x
4.5 inches. Weighty. Pictures available on request. $50 plus exact shipping.

#2. Modern replica of a hit-or-miss standing engine ignition coil. Wooden
case, full size Ford Model T type interrupter. All brass hardware. This one
I modified slightly by moving the spark post away from the interrupter (it
had a tendency to arc over. Now it doesn't). Works off 6-12 VDC. 6 x 3.75 x
3 inches. Pictures available. $40 plus exact shipping.

#3. Detroit Coil Co. coil F7996, circa 1940s. This looks like a miniature
Ruhmkorff coil. Dovetailed hardwood wooden case, Model T type interrupter.
Original decal still shows nicely. Despite its size, this is strong
coil. works on 6-12 VDC, natch. 6.75 x 2.75 x 3.5 inches. Pictures if you
want them. $50 plus exact shipping.

#4. Unmarked induction coil, circa 1960s, a typical school science lab coil
as sold by the major supply houses. Blonde wood case, Model T type
interrupter. Black and red plastic terminal caps. Slightly different
dimensions than #1, but a similar coil. Strong output. 6-12 VDC. 8.25 x 4.25
x 4.75 inches. Pictures, etc. $50 plus exact shipping.

#5. Basically identical to #4, with a Sargent-Welch sticker and the number
2392A stamped on it. One of the base screws has pushed through the case a
little. This one needs tuning; I'll get it working before anyone wants to
buy it. Pictures, $50 plus exact shipping.

Email me for pictures or more details. I'm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina (27514).

Paul