Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 5:09 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Coil Demo Indoors

Hi Jeremy,
    My advice would be to try and find an alternate location, with
concrete walls and floors.  Perhaps the sanctuary basement?  I actually did
a demonstration for some boy scouts not to long ago, and I'm slated to do
another at the end of this month.  I would say it was a positive
experience, how long will you be running the coil though?  I ask because my
very reliable coil, didn't do well with the hours of on and off, the spark
gap wore quickly and needed frequent readjustment.  Just something to be
aware of for a public demonstration, perhaps you do demo's often and this
won't be an issue.  At any rate, I wouldn't trust a counterpoise on carpet,
unless you make it absurdly large, and or have an alternative ground (run a
wire outside through a window.)  Good luck, and make sure you keep everyone
at a safe distance...

Scott D Bogard.