[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Grounding [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Grounding

As understood in the N.E.C. concrete is considered as ground.
An office on slab w/ground water  issues, would be considered as an ideal
ground.

Therefore the concrete floor is the counterpoise.
Look around near the Electrical Service Entrance. For anoffice bilding,
should be in the rear of the building, outside. look for a wire bolted to
the building frame.  better yet look at the Electrical blue prints for the
for the building and iron frame.

concrete encased electrodes found in 250.52

A “Ufer” *ground* is slang for what the *National Electrical Code* (*NEC*)
addresses as a *concrete*-encased *grounding* electrode. The term “Ufer”
does not appear in the Code, but many in the industry use it.

a “made electrode” is ... water pipe, a *concrete encased electrode*
(typically re-bar), and structural steel

Section 250.50 requires a *concrete*-*encased electrode* to be connected to
the grounding electrode system if it is *present*