[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] My first tesla coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] My first tesla coil

Jim,

Nice write up and explanation. I read previously that not using a breakout
point of a nail tip, needle, pin (how is the pin attached - from the inside
of the toroid where the flat round end is touching the toroid and pin
breaks through the outside of the toroid to emit sparks?) will cause a 40%
reduction in spark length (vs having a breakout point) by having multiple
sparks randomly around the toroid.

It sounds to me that having a breakout point is the way to go for having
the longest spark length then. I will still build a bigger toroid with 8"
aluminum ducting but if you don't need the $20 a roll aluminum tape then a
breakout point should be the answer then.

Tim