[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Ignition coil driver [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ignition coil driver

On 12/18/15 4:39 AM, doug wrote:
Hello; I am looking for some information concerning Ignition coil HV supplies. I am using 120V mains through a light dimmer and wonder if there is something better and more robust than the dimmer? This Ignition coil HV supply will be a dual coil setup using a 25.0uf/370VAC motor run Cap.

Not as cheap..

any of the standard capacitor discharge electronic ignitions basically put 400V pulses into the coil to generate HV.

6000 RPM in a 8 cylinder engine is 200 Hz

typical energy per "pulse" is 100 mJ so 200 Hz is 20 W