[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] VDG pickups (was Ignition coil driver) [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] VDG pickups (was Ignition coil driver)

I love the simplicity and the challenge.  I'd never seen one work before and had a lot of fun building it.  It amazes me still that I can produce an 18" arc from just a pair of nylons moving over a teflon rod. :)

 Hello,

 it seems that only self-exited van de graaf generators are
 built by you
 folks. Why not use an external DC source (10-20kV) and spray
 the charge on
 the belt, like all big generators do the job? Wouldn't that
 be much easier
 to realize than dealing with triboelectric scale and
 humidity problems?

 Regards,
 Stefan