 Subject: Re: [TCML] No topload output
 To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Monday, December 28, 2015, 8:57 AM

 On 12/27/15 7:08 PM, Heather &
 Paul Novotny via Tesla wrote:
 > Hi Jim,
 >
 > I do have about a 2" gap in my Strike Rail.
 >
 > Good idea to run a solid copper wire from ground up
 next to the toroid and a having breakout point on the toroid
 to see if anything is happening up there.

 > I have the coil on the floor of my garage which is a
 cement slab poured on earth.   My ground is a
 copper wire that runs to a metal stake pounded down about
 2.5 feet into the earth outside my garage.

 You want the RF path for the secondary to be short and
 direct. Using the
 slab floor is good if you're building a BIG coil that sits
 on the floor.

 In your case, though, the bottom of your coil is sitting a
 meter off the
 floor.  You might try just setting the coil on the
 floor (if your
 cabling allows that).  Careful of strikes to the other
 primary components.

 > Thanks!
 >
 > Paul
 PM