[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Re VTTC primary question [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Re VTTC primary question

Andrea,

You dont want to lower primary impedance (boost the Q) too much, because
then the power can be too much for the tube to handle.  Also, if tuning is
poor (due to spark loading) or coupling is low, the resistance of the
primary can become a significant loss of energy as the reactive power can
become significant compared to the output spark power.  I find its best to
operate with the highest primary impedance tolerable, and only lower it
when you've ensured tuning and coupling are optimized.

Steve