[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel

I currently have a France NST at 15kv 60mA and built a nice jacobs ladder
with it. Yesterday on eBay I found what looks to be identical model NST for
a good price (no GFI). From what I have read about NST phasing, having
identical NSTs don't require testing the HV outputs and I should be able to
connect them up in parallel identically using the same sides. What a jacobs
ladder at 120mA would be! Anyway I'm assuming that I should start building
my tesla coil with 1 NST and when it works add the next NST in parallel and
double the capacitors and change the tap on the primary. Does this sound
like all I would need to do?

Thanks - Tim