[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel

Im sitting on a pair of twin 15/60 Franceformers myself so I will be
following this thread closely.
They will be used in my next SRSG Tesla Coil.
One thing I can tell you is the amount of labor that I put into my first
coil was so immense that I would definitely go all-in and build the coil
around BOTH trannies.
There would be a lot more changes than just caps and gaps.
I have also read that identical model NSTs still need to be checked for
phase at partial power by drawing an arc between one side or the other.
I have seen the instructions in the archives but if someone can please
elaborate it would be good to refresh my memory.