[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Need some advice on 150kva sgtc [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Need some advice on 150kva sgtc

Very nice looking machine.
Congratulations.
From what you have told me it seems to be a well designed and built coil.
Where is it based?
Be nice to see some video of it running :-)

Carlos

On 2015-01-02 21:43, vam@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Carlos.

The streamer length increases significantly from 100-200 bps. 200-600
there is only a slight increase, probably ads only 50-70 cm to the
streamer length.
The 2.2kw sparkgap motor can't get the disc to spin over 700 bps.
The 125 amp fuses can only take 700 bps for a short while before they pop.
The coil jumps to two steady streamers at this power level.
We had primairy to secondairy flash over at 700 bps, so the coil is in
repair now. This led me to believe that the coupling is already too high.
It's .2 acoording to javatc. Playing around with the coupling is not so
easy with a 250 kilo secondairy and topload. We think about installing a
carjack or something like that.
The sparkgap quenches at second notch with airstreamers and firstnotch in
ground strikes.
Highering the coil will probably help some because it easily finds it's
way to the floor. We might ad a smaller topload so we can higher the main
topload.

It would be intersting to see how arc length would improve if you lift
the coil up a bit off the ground, and increase the BPS rate.
Coupling is also pretty important on big coils...
Have you experimented with increasing the coupling at all?

Carlos