[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] NTS Thermistors - Was: Hairpin circuit tripping breaker.... [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] NTS Thermistors - Was: Hairpin circuit tripping breaker....

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the info. I have a 2 pair of these on order now. ;^) Before they arrive, I was just wanting to make sure that I correctly understand the proper utilization (and installation) of this device. My assumption is that you simply place the thermistor in series with the input to the offending inrush current producer (variac)? Also, do they produce enough heat during operation to require accommodation for appropriate clearance from combustible materials during operation? I would assume that they would not. I'm assuming "Rcold  - 1 ohm, Rhot - .01 ohm" refers to the startup vs. the energized resistance? If there is only .01 ohms of resistance after the circuit is energized, this should produce negligible heating, being in series with multiple ohms of reactive resistance from the energized variac.

Thanks for the help,
David