[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] electronic ignition modules [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] electronic ignition modules

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 11:43:51 -0800
Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm working on a new triggered spark gap design, and I'm looking for
> an off the shelf "ignition module" that takes either the magnetic
> pulse, optical, or conventional points and generates the HV pulse
> into the coil.

GM HEI 4 Pin Ignition Module
used in 1974-1988 Chevy Pontiac Oldsmobile GMC maybe others
About $15 at N.A.P.A.

Uses reluctor pickup in OEM applications
Can be used with points by adding a pull-up resistor
works well with digital signal for input: Hall effect, optical, timer,
etc.,

Example of use with wiring diagrams etc. where is triggered by pulse
from car computer:
http://www.clubprotege.com/wil/howto/hei/index.htm

That would be my recommendation:-)

later