[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] variac question [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] variac question

I have a 2000VA chinese variac off ebay looks similar to a staco(.  No schematic.  It works fine when used normally.  Varies my voltage from 0-148V.  But when its switched off and left plugged in I have 0 V between and neutral and 120V between hot and ground and neutral and ground.  Is this normal for a variac?

I was hooking up a electromagnet @5V with the variac off but plugged in and I got a 120V bite even when the dial is all the way to 0.  That’s why I started checking it. Ive been running my coil off it with no problems.

John Cooper WT5Y