[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] single phase synchronous motor [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] single phase synchronous motor

I'm trying to find a 120v 1200rpm synchronous motor to spin my 6
electrode rotating spark gap. I have a 1200 rpm synchronous motor but
it's 3-phase and 230volts. I have been looking into microcontroller
solutions and building my own 3-phase motor driver. I have a vfd that
can spin the motor at the proper rpm but the phase drifts slowly around
the clock as seen by my homemade 120hz led strobe light.. Existing vfd's
don't have inputs for zero crossing signals and so can't be phase locked
to the line. If anyone knows where I can find a motor or even if they
exist please let me know. Thanks in advance!